The 2022 Europa League semi-finals are here! The matches will be played across two legs, on April 28th and May 5th at 8 p.m. (BST). If you’re traveling outside your country, or don’t have access to a good stream, a VPN can help you out. We’ve got all the information you need to live stream the matches for free!
Here’s an easy guide you can follow to catch all the action:
- Sign up for a VPN service. NordVPN is our pick for the 2022 Europa League. Its got a wide network of servers and great speeds which will give you a fantastic viewing experience.
- Download and install the VPN app from the provider’s website.
- Log in to the app using the credentials that you created when signing up.
- Connect to a server in Austria.
- Head over to the Servus TV website.
- Find the stream for the RB Leipzig vs. Glasgow semi-final match.
- Enjoy the action!
The 2022 UEFA Europa League competition is nearing its final stretch. Four of Europe’s top clubs will face each other this week in the Europa League semi-finals. In the first match, the English Premier League team West Ham United faces German side Eintracht Frankfurt. In the second semi-final, another Bundesliga representative, RB Leipzig, takes on Scotland’s Rangers.
The matches will take place at the same time over two legs: the first leg of the Europa League semi-finals is on Thursday, April 28, at 8:00 p.m. BST, and the second takes place on Thursday, May 5, at 8:00 p.m. BST.
For football fans, it really doesn’t get much better than the Europa League. We’ve got all the information you need to live stream the action from kick-off to the final whistle. We’ll even show you how a VPN can help you access streams (including free ones!) in case you’re facing some geo-blocking trouble.
Watch the 2022 Europa League Semi-Finals Live and For Free
Football is a game for the masses, but sometimes it can be difficult for fans to stream sports like the 2022 Europa League semi-finals. If you’re traveling outside your country or live in a region where streaming subscriptions cost way too much, watching UEFA football can be difficult.
Streaming sites use your IP address to determine where you are located. If you happen to be outside their licensed region, they will block access to the stream. There’s nothing worse than getting ready to sit down and enjoy a game of football, only to realize you cannot access your stream.
Luckily, a VPN, or Virtual Private Network, helps overcome geo-blocking by changing your IP address. This way you can make it appear as if you are accessing the site from a different country. You can use a VPN to access free and legal streams in other countries, like Servus TV in Austria. You can stream the 2022 Europa League Semi-finals on Servus TV for free, without having to sign-up or provide any personal or card information.
Here’s how, just follow our step-by-step guide:
Step-by-step guide on watching the Europa League semi-finals free with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN provider. For sporting action like the Europa League, we recommend NordVPN. It offers super-fast speeds and a large number of servers in Europe. It is a great choice for streaming football games.
- NordVPNOur pickOur pickDeal:Only $3.29 a month for a two-year subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee!From$3.299.3
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
- Download and install the app onto your device. NordVPN works on all major operating systems such as iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows and Android.
- Open the app and log in using the credentials that you created at the time of signing up.
- Connect to a server on the app. To watch the 2022 Europa League Semi-finals on Servus TV, connect to a server in Austria.
- Head over to the streaming site and find the stream for RB Leipzig vs. Rangers.
- Enjoy the exciting football action!
For West Ham United vs. Eintracht Frankfurt, you could check out Stan Sports in Australia, or FuboTV in the United States for a stream with English language commentary. In Step 5, you would just need to connect to a server either in Australia or the US.
Both Stan Sports and FuboTV offer a free trial of their services. However, you will have to provide details like your name, email address, and credit/debit card information when signing up. Make sure you cancel your subscription before the free trial period expires.
Where to Watch the 2022 Europa League Semi-Finals
UEFA football competitions are immensely popular all over the world. We’ve provided a table below which contains a list of countries and which channel or streaming service will carry the 2022 Europa League Semi-finals.
If you have access to any of these streams, but are located outside the broadcasting region, you can use a VPN and switch to a server in the country where the stream is based. Check out the list below:
|ServusTV, ORF, Sky Austria
|CBC Sport, AlmaSport TV
|Telenet, SBS VRT, RTBF, beTV, AB3
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
|SBT, ESPN, TV Cultura
|Flow Sports, SportsMax
|Tencent, iQIYI, Alibaba
|Česká Televize, Sport 1
|Canal+, M6, RMC Sport
|RTL, Servus TV
|Hong Kong SAR
|Sky Italia, DAZN
|QazSport, Q Sport League, AlmaSport TV
|Arena Sport, Artmotion
|Q Sport, Almasport TV
|Latin America (Excluding Brazil)
|SIC, Sport TV, Canal 11
|Arena Sport, Sportklub, Pro Plus
|blue+, CH Media
|Varzish TV, AlmaSport TV
|CBS, TUDN Deportes
There are also a number of unlicensed streams to watch sports like soccer. However, it is a good practice to rely on legal streams. Unlicensed streaming sites are not known for their safety and could have malicious actors lurking around. If you decide to use one of these streams, one of the advantages of using a VPN is to protect yourself from these threats.
Can I Watch the Europa League With a Free VPN?
You may have heard about free VPNs, which claim to offer the services of a premium VPN at zero cost, and wondered if they are suitable for streaming the Europa League. Unfortunately, free VPNs have serious concerns which make them less than optimal for watching football matches.
Here are a few:
- Data limits: Most free VPNs have daily or monthly data caps. Once a user exceeds this limit, the quality of their streaming experience drops considerably. Furthermore, these caps are usually not enough to stream a whole football match in high definition.
- Speed Issues: Another big concern with Free VPNs is that they offer significantly slower speeds than their premium counterparts. This means that your stream will take a long time to buffer and may even pause frequently.
- Limited server network: Free VPNs have fewer server options than premium VPNs, and they are usually concentrated in a few regions. This limits the number of streams you can choose from, and you may not be able to access the right stream from the list above.
If you’re only looking for a VPN to watch the Europa League, and don’t want to shell out the asking price, you could avail NordVPN’s 30-day free trial. The plan allows you to try out NordVPN for a limited period. You can cancel the trial at any point within 30 days and get all your money back.
Fixtures and Times
The schedule for the matches is provided below (time in BST):
|West Ham vs. Eintracht Frankfurt
|April 28 at 8:00 PM BST
|May 5 at 8:00 PM BST
|RB Leipzig vs. Rangers
|April 28 at 8:00 PM BST
|May 5 at 8:00 PM BST
Europe League Semi-Finals: What to Expect
This year’s Europa League Semi-finals are turning out to be an intense affair. The teams involved play exciting football, and are eager to bring home the prestigious European trophy. English side West Ham and Germany’s RB Leipzig will be the favorites in their respective ties, but you can never rule out an upset in football.
West Ham’s opponents Eintracht Frankfurt pulled off a shock upset in the quarter-finals against Spanish giants FC Barcelona, but find themselves undermanned due to suspension and injuries to key players like Evan Ndicka, Kristijan Jakic, and Diant Ramaj. The pundits expect Declan Rice and company to carry on West Ham’s quest for European glory.
In the second semi-final, RB Leipzig have the stronger squad, with the likes of Josko Gvardiol, Christopher Nkunku and Konrad Laimer, and are expected to get past the Rangers over two legs.